Engineering method of analyzing the bearing capacity of horizontally loaded pile groups
- 102 Downloads
An engineering method is presented for analysis of the bearing capacity of a horizontally loaded pile group on the basis of the resistance of a single pile with a free head; the method accounts for the interaction between piles in the foundation, and the rigid fixity of their heads in an undeformable grillage.
Results of the analysis performed in accordance with the developed procedure are compared with data derived from field tests of pile foundations.
KeywordsBearing Capacity Pile Group Pile Foundation Horizontal Load Rigid Fixity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Znamenskii, A. V. Konnov, and V. A. Susoev, “Experimental investigations of the bearing capacity of pile groups under a horizontal load,” in:Structural Designs and Engineering Structures: Collection of Scientific Works [in Russian], Moscow (1982), 162–165.Google Scholar
- 2.K. S. Zavriev, “Approximate method of analyzing piles for horizontal loads and determination of their flex ibility,”Osn., Fundam. Mekh. Gruntov, No. 3, 6 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Znamenskii and Yu. P. Yurko, “Investigation of the bearing capacity of pile foundations under horizontal loads,” in:Construction in Regions of Eastern Siberia and the Far North: Collection of Scientific Works, [in Russian], No. 17, Krasnoyarskii Promstriniiproekt (1971), 89–97.Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Buslov,Performance of Piles Under Horizontal Loads beyond Elastic Limits in Cohesive Soils [in Russian], Filial Akademii Nauk Uzbekskoi SSR, Tashkent (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Chiarugi, “Gruppi di pali sottoposti ad azioni orizontali,” Gilornale del Genio Civile,107, No. 6–7, 431–447 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.H. G. Poulos, “Analysis of pile groups subjected to vertical and horizontal loads,”Geomech. J. Austral., No. 1, 26–32 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.V. N. Golubkov, “Experimental investigations of piles subject to horizontal loads,” in:Foundation Beds and Foundations. Problems of Soil Mechanics [in Russian], Moscow (1948), 5–34.Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Bartolomei, A. L. Lipatov, and V. L. Maksimov, “Investigation of the performance of pile foundations subjected to eccentric and horizontal loads,” in:Problems of Improvement in Construction; Collection of Scientific Works [in Russian], No. 108, Permskii Politekhnicheskii Institut (1972), 16–22.Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Znameskii and E. P. Znamenskaya, “On the bearing capacity of pile groups subjected to horizonatal loads,” in:Design Problems Involving the Beds and Foundations of Buildings and Structures: Interuniversity Collection of Scientific Works on Beds, Foundations, and Soil Mechanics [in Russian], Kuibyshevskii Inzhenerno-Stroitel’nyi Institut (1974), 47–54.Google Scholar
- 10.A. P. Safonov, V. V. Pavlov, and O. A. Lisovoi, “Investigation of piles in a group subjected to horizontal loads,” in:Foundation Beds and Foundations: Interuniversity Collection of Works [in Russian], Permskii Politekhnicheskii Institut (1979), 16–22.Google Scholar