A battery powered operating table with a removable stationary column base and a detachable table top
AC and DC powered operating tables were investigated from the viewpoint of safety and the following results were obtained: 1) With the increase in supply voltage, leakage from cables increased prominently. Only a low leakage cable showed a low leakage value. 2) AC powered operating tables showed a high leakage current, especially when in remote control. 3) A battery powered operating table with a freely removable driving base and detachable table top function, which we developed, proved to have a satisfactory durability for actual clinical use and an exteremely low level leakage of electricity (0.1–0.3 μA). Moreover, our design incorporates every merit guaranteed by the usual operating table.
Key wordsoperating table battery powered operating table leakage current
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nakatani, H., Jitsukawa, S., Nagai, I., Okagawa, K., Mizunoya, S. and Honda, K.: Studies on newly developed detachable operating tables; J.J.M.I. 44: 340–342, 1974. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.Iwaki, R., Nagai, I. and Jitsukawa, S.: Safety aspects of electrical conditions in the operating theater; J.J.M.I. 45: 320–321, 1975. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 3.Jitsukawa, S.: New design features in operating theaters; Clinical Surgery Up-to-Date; 2, 19–39, Medical View Publishers, Tokyo. 1976. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Standards; IEC Publication 601-1, I.E.C. Geneva. 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.Laufman, H.: Design and function features of surgical suite, 12. Operating table; Space and facilities program for the surgical center at Montefiore Hospital and Medical Center; 362–363, 1969.Google Scholar
- 6.Laufman, H.: Trends in operating room devices; Med. Instr. 10: 98–107, 1976.Google Scholar
- 7.Yoshiyama, T.: Perspective view on operating tables; J.J.M.I. 50: 52–58, 1980. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 11.U.S. Dept. Commerce, Nat'l Technical Information Service: Preventive maintenance procedures for operating room tables. G. 29, Part 65. DM and S, Supplement, MP-3, 70. 1974.Google Scholar