Resonant oscillations of a gas in an open-ended tube in a weak turbulence regime
- 28 Downloads
An analytical theory of resonant oscillations of a gas in an open-ended tube is developed. The gas flow in the tube is assumed to be turbulent. A model of gas flow near the open end of the tube is constructed. This model allows a boundary condition that is free of empirical parameters to be obtained. Theoretical results are in reasonable agreement with experimental data obtained by other authors.
KeywordsVelocity Fluctuation Tube Axis Weak Turbulence Resonant Oscillation Steady Turbulent Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R. G. Galiullin and G. G. Khalimov, “Gas oscillations in open-ended tubes”,Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,37, No. 6, 1043–1050 (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.V. B. Repin, Yu. N. Novikov, and A. P. Dement'ev, “An experimental study of nonlinear oscillations of a gas in an open-ended tube”, in:Unsteady Problems of Mechanics (Collected scientific papers) [in Russian], No. 22, Izd. Kazan' Fiz.-Tekh. Inst., Kazan' (1989), pp. 103–110.Google Scholar
- 5.R. G. Galiullin and E. I. Permyakov, “The flow and heat transfer in an unsteady jet generated by high-amplitude oscillations of a gas”Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,58, No. 5, 747–752 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.R. G. Galiullin, I. P. Revva, and G. G. Khalimov, “Thermoacoustic effect in a resonant open-ended tube”,Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,43, No. 4, 615–623 (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.R. G. Galiullin, É. R. Galiullina, and E. I. Permyakov, “The boundary condition for resonant oscillations of a gas in an open-ended tube”, in:In-Chamber Processes in Energy Facilities, Jet Acoustics, and Diagnostics: Abstract VII Workshop (24–25 May, 1995, Kazan'), Kazan' (1995), pp. 75–77.Google Scholar
- 11.R. G. Galiullin and E. I. Permyakov “The effect of turbulence of high-amplitude gas oscillations in an open-ended tube”,Akust. Zh.,38, No. 1, 25–28 (1992).Google Scholar
- 12.R. G. Galiullin and E. I. Permyakov, “Resonant oscillations of a gas in a closed tube in the case of flow turbulization”,Akust. Zh.,39, No. 5, 946–949 (1993).Google Scholar
- 13.L. K. Zarembo and V. A. Krasil'nikov,Introduction to Nonlinear Acoustics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 14.B. M. Galitseiskii, Yu. A. Ryzhov, and E. V. Yakush,Thermal and Hydrodynamic Processes in Oscillatory Flows [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 15.A. J. Reynolds,Turbulent Flows in Engineering, Wiley and Sons, London (1974).Google Scholar
- 18.A. S. Hersch and T. Rogers, “Fluid mechanical model of the acoustic impedance of small orifices”,AIAA J.,495, 1–10 (1975).Google Scholar