Decay of a centered prandtl-mayer compression wave in a steady gas flow
Discontinuity decay at a singular point of a centered compression wave is considered. Analytical solutions are given that allow one to determine the type of reflected discontinuity that issues from the point of decay and the boundaries of ranges of parameters within which a solution of the problem exists.
KeywordsMach Number Rarefaction Wave Compression Wave Velocity Head Tangential Discontinuity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. S. Roslyakov, “Interaction of plane unidirectional shocks”, in:Numerical Methods in Gas Dynamics [in Russian], Izd. Moscow Univ., Moscow (1965), pp. 28–51.Google Scholar
- 3.G. S. Roslyakov, A. L. Starykh, and V. N. Uskov, “Interference of stationary unidirectional shocks”,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 4, 143–152 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.A. L. Adrianov, A. L. Starykh, and V. N. Uskov,Interference of Stationary Gas-Dynamic Discontinuities, Nauka, Novosibirsk (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Kireev and A. S. Voinovskii,Numerical Modeling of Gas-Dynamic Flows [in Russian], Izd. Mosk. Aviats. Inst., Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.G. G. Chernyi,High Supersonic Velocity Gas Flows [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1959).Google Scholar