Ballistic magnetocumulative generator
- 31 Downloads
The reusable source of a pulsed magnetic field—a ballistic magnetocumulative generator (BMG)—is considered. Electrical engineering analysis of the efficiency of operation of the generator on an active-inductive load is performed. A method for calculating the two-dimensional distribution of the field in the busbars of the generator is developed. Experimental results are obtained for the operation of aBMG model on some types of load.
KeywordsCapacitor Bank Armature Velocity Explosive Magnetic Generator Rail Launcher Superhigh Magnetic Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Knoepfel,Pulsed High Magnetic Fields, North Holland, Amsterdam-London (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.G. G. Kapustyanenko, S. S. Pignastii, and S. N. Shivyakin, “Calculation of the electrodynamic characteristic of a linear electromechanical generator with a rail launcher of macrobodies,” Preprint No. 92-2, Inst. of New Phys. and Appl. Sci., Acad. of Sci. of Ukraine, Kiev (1992).Google Scholar
- 4.R. H. Barlett, H. T. Takemori, and J. B. Chase, “A projectile power compressed magnetic field pulse generator,” in:Superhigh Magnetic Fields, Nauka, Moscow (1984), pp. 265–269.Google Scholar
- 5.B. K. Matveev,Geophysical Processing by Electric Means [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Tikshaev and V. A. Glechikov, “Methods of processing and interpretation of data from geophysical processing by electric means using an MHD generator,” in:Deep Electromagnetic Probing Using Pulsed MHD Generators (Collected scientific papers) [in Russian], Kola Div. Acad. of Sci. of the USSR, Apatity (1982), No. 93-100.Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Tikshaev (ed.),Geophysical Processing by Electromagnetic Means of Increased Resolution Using the Method of Establishing a Field with Spatial Accumulation [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. G. Tynnikov, N. A. Tolstokulakov, and A. V. Kryzhin, “A ballistic generator as a power supply for pulsed discharges,” in:Materials of the 1st All-Union Seminar on the Dynamics of a High-Current Arc Discharge in a Magnetic Field [in Russian], Inst. of Thermal Phys., Sib. Div., Russian Acad. of Sci., Novosibirsk (1990), pp. 263–267.Google Scholar
- 9.N. I. Doinikov, “Numerical analysis of plane-parallel quasistationary electromagnetic fields,”Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,43, No. 5, 897–905 (1973).Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Samarskii,Theory of Difference Schemes [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar