Numerical studies of transportation of granular material by a pin-point blast using models of the mechanics of continuous and granular media
Mathematical models for numerical studies of transportation of a mass of loose granular material during occurrence of a series of deep gas-dynamic ejections are developed using methods of the mechanics of continuous and granular media. Features of the kinematics and dynamics of development of this phenomenon are analyzed. Results of a numerical experiment and recommendations on use of the models in studies of specific transportation regimes are given.
KeywordsDisperse Phase Carrier Phase Granular Medium Loose Material Calculation Region
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. I. Nigmatulin,Foundations of the Mechanics of Heterogeneous Media [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.R. I. Nigmatulin,Dynamics of Multiphase Media, Part 1, Hemisphere Publ., New York (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.O. M. Belotserkovskii,Numerical Simulation in the Mechanics of Continuous Media [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Ban, K. S. Basniev, and V. N. Nikolaev, “On the basic equations of filtration in compressed porous media,”Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 6, 52–55 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Borovikov, A. S. Ivanov, and B. A. Pivak, “A pulsed gas-dynamic method of transportation of loose materials,”Fiz. Tekh. Probl. Razrab. Polezn. Iskop., No. 3, 44–52 (1995).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Deresevich, “Mechanics of a granular medium,” in:Problems of Mechanics [in Russian], Issue 3. Izd. Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1961), pp. 91–152.Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Shvab,On the Main Regularities of the Drag in Horizontal Pipes in Pneumatic Transportation [in Russian], Izd. Tomsk Univ., Tomsk (1960).Google Scholar