Crown ether capped cyclodextrin used as stationary phase for capillary gas chromatography
- 75 Downloads
The solution of a new synthesized compound, mono-6-(1'-benzo-aza-15-crown-5)-2, 3, 6- permethyl-β-cyclodextrin, in the moderately polar polysiloxane OV-1701 was coated onto fused silica capillary column. The chromatographic characteristics including column efficiency, polarity and selectivity were studied. Excellent selectivity for the separation of enantiomers and positional isomers was obtained. The results show that the combined effect between the special caves of β-cyclodextrin and crown ether plays a significant role in the separation.
Key WordsGas chromatography Crown ether capped cyclodextrin Chiral separations Isomer separations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Dietrich, B. Maas, V. Karl, P. Kreis, D. Lehnmann, B. Weber, A. Mosandl, HRC,15, 176 (1992).Google Scholar
- D. O. Xiao, Y. Ling, R. N. Fu, J. L. Gu, A. Q. Luo, Chromatographia46, 85 (1997).Google Scholar
- Z. R. Zeng, W. Y. Zhang, Y. M. Zhang, Proceedings of the Tenth Symposium on Chromatography, Nanjing, 1995, p. 297.Google Scholar
- Z. R. Zeng, M. Liu, Y. O. Ding, Y. Li, R. Y. Zhang, Anal. Chem. (Chinese)26, 940 (1998).Google Scholar
- B. E. Kim, K. P. Lee, K. S. Park, S. H. Lee, J. H. Park, Chromatographia46, 145 (1997).Google Scholar
- A. Dietrich, B. Mans, A. Mosandl, HRC.18, 152 (1995).Google Scholar
- T. B. Lu, C. T. Wu, Organic Chem. (Chinese) 312 (1985).Google Scholar
- A. Venema, H. Henderiks, R. V. Geest, HRC.14, 676 (1991).Google Scholar