Time-temperature section of the phase diagram of the Al−Sc−Zr system at 500°C
- 73 Downloads
The prospects for the use of scandium and zirconium for alloying aluminum alloys with the aim of increasing their high-temperature strength make it necessary to investigate the interaction between aluminum and these metals. The present work is devoted to a study of phase equilibria in the Al−Sc−Zr system at 500°C by methods of physico-chemical analysis and of the effect of a third component on the principal characteristics of binary intermetallic compounds.
KeywordsZirconium Phase Diagram Intermetallic Compound Scandium Continuous Series
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Elagin, V. V. Zakharov, S. G. Pavlenko, et al., “Effect of Zr additives on the aging of Al−Sc alloys,”Fiz. Mekhan. Mater.,60, Issue 1, 97–100 (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.B. Ya. Kotur, V. V. Kinzhibalo, A. T. Tyvanchuk, et al., “Isothermic sections of Sc−(Ti,Zr,Hf)−(Al, Sc) systems in regions enriched with aluminum (scandium)” in:Phase Diagrams of Metallic Systems, Tez. Dokl. V Vsesoyuzn. Sov. [in Russian], Moscow (1989), p. 117.Google Scholar
- 3.T. V. Dobatkina, L. S. Toropova, A. N. Kamardinkin, et al., “Phase diagram of Al−Sc−Zr in an aluminum-rich region,”, Ibid.Phase Diagrams of Metallic Systems, Tez. Dokl. V Vsesoyuzn. Sov. [in Russian], Moscow (1989), p. 123.Google Scholar
- 4.E. M. Sokolovskaya, E. F. Kazakova, E. I. Podd'yakova, and A. A. Ryzhov, “Reaction of aluminum with zirconium and scandium in the Al−Sc−Zr system,” Ibid.Phase Diagrams of Metallic Systems, Tez. Dokl. V Vsesoyuzn. Sov. [in Russian], Moscow (1989), p. 137.Google Scholar
- 5.L. S. Toropova, A. N. Kamardinkin, V. V. Kindzhibalo, and A. T. Tyvanchuk, “A study of alloys of the Al−Sc−Zr systems in the aluminum-rich region,”Fiz. Mekhan. Mater.,65, Issue 12, 108–111 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Kamardinkin, T. V. Dobatkina, and T. D. Rostova, “Isothermic sections of the Al−Sc−Zr system at 550 and 600°C in the aluminum-rich region,”Izv. Akad. Nauk, Metally, No. 2 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.M. E. Drits (ed.),Properties of Elements, A Reference Book [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.Ch. C. Barret and T. B. Massal'skii,Metal Structures, Part 1 [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar