Possibility of temporary use of pipe bends of steam power plants damaged by creep pores
In the operation of the power equipment of steam power plants the steam pipe bends can be damaged at a temperature exceeding 500°C. The presence of creep pores (especially pore chains) in the metal of a bend operating for a long time indicates that the service life of the bend has been exhausted. However, it remains unclear whether it is possible to use it again and when it should be replaced. The present analysis of the results of a study of the metal of damaged bends makes it possible to determine the possibility and the time of temporary operation of bends with pores and pore chains.
KeywordsFerrite Steam Bainite Equivalent Stress Bainite Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. I. Mints, T. G. Berezina, and L. E. Khodykina, “Structure, damage and properties of steam pipe bends after a long-term operation,”Teploenergetika, No. 10, 49–51 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.T. G. Berezina and L. A. Aschikhmina, “Special features, structure and fracture behavior of steam pipe bends from steel 12Kh1MF operating under the conditions of creep,”Teploenergetika, No. 10, 51–54 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.N. I. Slobodchikova, G. M. Novitskaya, G. N. Sokolova, and L. S. Panenkova, “Analysis of fracture in bends of steam pipes.”Trudy, VTI, 60–65 (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. L. Gofman and L. Ya. Losev, “Formation of pores in metal operating at an elevated temperature under stress,”Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 4, 43–45 (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.I. I. Mints, L. E. Khodykina, N. G. Shul'gina, and N. V. Ashmarina, “A study of fracture behavior of heat resistant Cr−Mo-V steels in creep,”Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 7, 33–36 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.N. I. Mints, L. E. Khodykina, N. G. Shul'gina, and V. F. Nosach, “A method for estimating microdamage of the metal of steam pipes with the help of plastic replicas,”Teploenergetika No. 6, 61–63 (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.A. P. Smirnova, I. I. Mints, and M. M. Shteinberg, “Dependence of the properties of steel 15Kh1M1F on the structural state,”Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 2, 56–59 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.I. I. Mints, A. P. Smirnova, M. M. Shteinberg, and N. V. Shengeli, “Effect of deformation on damage of steel 15KhIMIF in creep,”Fiz. Met. Metalloved.,57, Issue 1, 169–174 (1984).Google Scholar
- 9.Stationary steam and water heating boilers and pipelines. A method for evaluating the endurance of pipeline bends. RTM 108.031.112-80 [in Russian] (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.I. I. Mints, V. A. Nakhalov, Ya. V. Voronkova, and N. G. Novoselova, “Optimization of control of steam pipe bends,” in:Improving the Reliability and Efficiency of Operation of Thermal Engineering Equipment [in Russian], Chelyabinsk (1996), pp. 92–98.Google Scholar