Method of a variable level of shear-strength mobilization for calculation of the strength of soil masses
- 59 Downloads
An approximate method based on evaluation of the degree of shear-strength mobilization along the vertical faces of partitioned slices of a shearing mass is described for strength calculations. Comparison is made with other solutions, including exact solutions, for problems involving determination of the bearing capacity of earth beds and the soil pressure on an enclosure.
KeywordsSafety Factor Bearing Capacity Slip Surface Slip Line Logarithmic Spiral
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Fedorovskii and S. V. Kurillo, “A method of calculating stability of earth embankments and slopes,” Geoékol., No. 6 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.Ya. Kh. Hwan, Stability of Earth Embankments [Russian translation], Stroiizdat, Moscow (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.E. A. Spencer, “A method of analysis of the stability of embankments assuming parallel interslice forces,” Geotechnique,17, No. 1 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.F. L. Chernousco and K. V. Banuch, Variational Problems of Mechanics and Control [Russian, translation], Nauka, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.L. O. Prandtl, “Hardness of plastic materials and resistance to cutting,” in: Theory of Plasticity, Collection of Papers [in Russian], Izdatel'stvo Literatury, Moscow (1948).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Fedorovskii, “Variational method of calculating the bearing capacity of the bed of a strip foundation under an inclined load,” in: Proceedings of the Scientific-Research Institute of Foundations and Underground Structures, No. 84 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.N. M. Gersevanov, Application of Mathematical Logic to Structure Design. Collection of Papers [in Russian], Vol. 1, Stroivoenmorizdat, Moscow (1948).Google Scholar
- 8.N. Morgenstern and V. E. Price, “The analysis of the stability of general slip surfaces,” Geotechnique,15, No. 1 (1965).Google Scholar
- 9.S. N. Levachev, V. G. Fedorovskii, Yu. M. Kolesnikov, and S. V. Kurillo, Calculation of Pile Beds for Water-Development Works [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 10.H. Lundgren and K. Mortensen, “Determination by the theory of elasticity of the bearing capacity of continuous footing on sand,” in: Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Vol. 1, Zurich (1953).Google Scholar