Effect of the excavation of soil on the reduction in its slump-type settlement under its own weight
- 43 Downloads
Basic positions of procedures and calculations of the slump-type settlement of loess soils under their own weight in the presence of excavations for deep basements are analyzed; this is associated with their use as antislump-type-settlement measures (with simultaneous use of the underground space) under soil conditions classed as type II in terms of proneness to slump-type settlement.
KeywordsExcavation Underground Space Construction Rule Loess Soil Arch Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Krutov and O. N. Korotkova, “Calculation of the slump-type settlements of loess soils under their own weight when excavated,” Osn., Fundam. Mekh. Gruntov, No. 1, 38–40 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Krutov, Beds and Foundations on Soils Prone to Slump-Type Settlement [in Russian], Budivel'nik, Kiev (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.E. N. Skbaletskii, “Effect of depth of excavation on slump-type-settlement deformations,” Gidrotekh. Melior., No. 5, (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Kovalev, “Investigation of the joint effect of depth and width of excavations on the magnitude of slump-type-settlement deformations of soils under their own weight,” in: Construction of Residential Buildings: Collection of the Kiev ZNIIIÉP [in Russian], Kiev (1979), pp. 24–26.Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Mustafaev, Fundamentals of the Mechanics of Soils Prone to Slump-Type Settlement [in Russian], Stroiizdat, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 6.Construction Rule and Regulation 2.02.01-83. Beds of Buildings and Structures [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Krutov, I. G. Rabinovich, V. K. Kogai, V. Ya. Naumov, and O. A. Shakhov, “Experience gained with the compaction of soils prone to slump-type settlement by prewetting for agricultural construction in foothill regions of Uzbekistan,” Osn., Fundam. Mekh. Gruntov, No. 4, 3–6 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.I. G. Rabinovich, “On the working-condition factor for beds in calculating the slump-type settlement of soil under its own weight,” Osn., Fundam. Mekh. Gruntov, No. 2, 17–18 (1982).Google Scholar