Description of creep within the framework of the field theory of defects
- 25 Downloads
The creep laws are described within the framework of the field theory with the use of evolution equations for the density flux of uniformly distributed defects. For the case of uniaxial deformation under constant stress, it is shown that a certain critical stress that has the sense of creep stability limit exists and two deformation regimes can occur, depending on the magnitude of the external load. The unstable-creep rupture time is determined for the system in the case where the stresses are greater than the critical stress and the initial rate exceeds the unstable stationary rate.
KeywordsCreep Rate External Action Creep Curve Physical Mesomechanics Material Defect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. N. Rabotnov,Creep Problems in Structural Members, North-Holland, Amsterdam (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Cottrell,Dislocations and Plastic Flow in Crystals, Oxford Univ. Press (1953).Google Scholar
- 3.V. T. Read,Dislocations in Crystals, New York (1953).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Rozenberg,Creep in Metals [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Haken,Advanced Synergetics. Instability Hierarchies of Self-Organizing Systems and Devices, Springer, Berlin-Heidelberg (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. V. Grinyaev and V. E. Panin, “The mesoleved field theory of defects,”Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk,353, No. 1, 37–39 (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. V. Grinyaev, N. V. Chertova, and V. E. Panin, “Dynamic equations of an ensemble of defects in the presence of disoriented substructures,”Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,68, No. 9, 134–135 (1998).Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Kosevich,Fundaments of Crystal-Lattice Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.N. A. Koneva and É. V. Kozlov, “Physical nature of the stage character of plastic deformation,”Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved. Fiz., No. 2, 89–106 (1990).Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. N. Rabotnov,Mechanics of Solids [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 12.L. N. Kachanov,Theory of Creep [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar