Mathematical bioeconomics and the evolution of modern fisheries economics
- 300 Downloads
KeywordsFishing Effort Fishery Resource Maximum Sustained Yield Resource Stock Resource Investment
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anderson, F. J. 1985.Natural Resources in Canada: Economic Theory and Policy. Toronto: Methuen.Google Scholar
- Burmeister, E. 1980.Capital Theory and Dynamics. New York: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Christy, F. T. jr and A. D. Scott. 1965.The Common Wealth in Ocean Fisheries Baltimore: Johns Hopkins.Google Scholar
- Conrad, J. 1990. Review ofMathematical Bioeconomics: The Optimal Management of Renewable Resources by Colin W. Clark, 2nd Edn.Nat. Resource Model. 4, 555–561.Google Scholar
- Crutchfield, J. A. and A. Zellner. 1962.Economic Aspects of the Pacific Halibut Fishery, Fishery Industrial Research, Vol. 1, No. 1. Washington: U. S. Department of the Interior.Google Scholar
- Gordon, H. S. 1956. Obstacles to agreement on control in the fishing industry. InThe Economics of Fisheries, R. Turvey and J. Wiseman (Eds), pp. 65–72. Rome: Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations.Google Scholar
- Harris, L. 1990.Independent Review of the State of the Northern Cod Stock: First Report. Report prepared by the Northern Cod Review Panel for the Honourable Thomas Siddon, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Ottawa.Google Scholar
- Quirk, J. P. and V. L. Smith. 1970. Dynamic economic models of fishing. InEconomics of Fisheries Management—A Symposium, A. D. Scott (Ed.), pp. 3–22. Vancouver: University of British Columbia Institute of Animal Resource Ecology.Google Scholar
- Spulber, D. F. 1985. Comment on “fisheries, dynamics and uncertainty”, by Colin W. Clark, Gordon R. Munro and Anthony T. Charles. InProgress in Natural Resource Economics, A. Scott (Ed.), pp. 120–129. Oxford: Claredon Press.Google Scholar
- Turvey, R. 1964. Optimization and suboptimization in fishery regulation.Am. Econ. Rev. 54, 64–76.Google Scholar
© Society for Mathematical Biology 1991