On the probability of reaching a threshold in a stochastic mammillary system
- 31 Downloads
The multivariate distribution over time of a particular stochastic mammillary compartmental model is obtained for any point in time. The maximum expectation of the peripheral compartments is then derived and used to determine lower bounds on the probability that the maximum of the peripheral compartments reaches any arbitrary threshold level. A bound on the probability is illustrated by an example and some of its implications are explored.
KeywordsMaximum Expectation Central Compartment Multinomial Distribution Peripheral Compartment Multivariate Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arnason, A. N. 1972. “Parameter Estimates from Mark-Recapture Experiments on Two Populations Subject to Migration and Death.”Res. Pop. Ecology,13, 33–48.Google Scholar
- Feller, W. 1968.An Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications. New York Wiley, 3rd edn., Vol. I.Google Scholar
- Lea, D. E. 1946.Actions of Radiations on Living Cells. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Mantel, N. and W. R. Bryan. 1961. “Safety Testing of Carcinogenic Agents.”J. nat. Cancer Inst.,27, 455–470.Google Scholar
- Sheppard, C. W. 1962.Basic Principles of the Tracer Method. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar