Stimulated brillouin scattering of alfvén wave in a highly collisional magnetoactive compensated semiconductor: Kinetic theory
- 19 Downloads
A rigorous theoretical investigation has been made on stimulated Brillouin scattering of electromagnetic Alfvén wave propagating in a highly collisional magnetoactive compensated semiconductor,viz. compensated germanium. By using the Krook-model solution, the Boltzmann transport equation has been solved to obtained the non-linear response of electrons and holes in the semiconductor sample immersed in an external static magnetic field. It is noticed here that the threshold of this parametric instability is quite low and the growth rate of it is considerably large at moderate power of the incident Alfvén wave. It is also noted that the effect of the electron-phonon collision frequency on this three-wave parametric process is remarkable and its growth rate decreases very rapidly with the electron-phonon collision frequency in the semiconductor.
PACS 72.30High-frequency effects plasma effects
PACS 72.20.HtHigh-field and nonlinear effects
PACS 52.35.MwNonlinear waves and nonlinear wave propagation (including parametric effects mode coupling, ponderomotive effects, etc
PACS 52.35.NxOther nonlinear interactions and phenomena (e.g., Brillouin scattering and Rayleigh scattering)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Beer: inSemiconductors and Semimetals, edited byR. K. Willardson, Vol. I (Academic, New York, N.Y., 1966), p. 417.Google Scholar
- H. Hartnagel:Semiconductor Plasma Instabilities (Heinmann Educational Books, London, 1969).Google Scholar
- M. C. Steele andB. Vural:Wave Interactions in Solid State Plasmas, Advanced Physics Monograph Series (McGraw-Hill, New York, N.Y., 1969).Google Scholar
- N. A. Krall andA. W. Trivelpiece:Principle of Plasma Physics (McGraw-Hill, Kogakusha, Ltd., 1973), p. 193.Google Scholar
- D. R. Nicholson:Introduction to Plasma Theory (Wiley, New York, N.Y., 1983).Google Scholar