Role of calcineurin in regulation of high voltage-activated calcium channel activity
- 50 Downloads
In the Review, personal data of the Author and the data of other experimenters on calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein phosphatase-2B (calcineurin) are summarized and analyzed; the role of this enzyme in regulation of the calcium channel activity in the membrane of excitable cells is discussed. A two-phase mechanism of Ca-dependent suppression of the activity of Ca channels in the molluscan neurons is described in details. Special attention is paid to the analysis of changes in the activity of Ca channels in the transfected hybrid cells overexpressing calcineurin.
KeywordsProtein Phosphatase Dorsal Root Ganglion Neuron Okadaic Acid PP2B Activity Protein Phosphatase Inhibitor Okadaic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.S. Shenolicar and A. C. Nairn, “Protein phosphatases: recent progress,”Adv. Second Messenger Phosphoprotein Res.,23, 1–121 (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Ichinose, S. Endo, and J. H. Byrne, “Role of protein phosphatases in FMRF-amide, serotonin- and cAMP-dependent modulation of membrane currents in sensory neurons ofAplysia,”Soc. Neurosci. Abstr.,16, 187 (1990).Google Scholar
- 24.E. A. Lukyanetz, and A. V. Sotkis, “Serotonin-induced changes in the activity of single Ca2+ channels inHelix pomatia neurons,”Neirofiziologiya/Neurophysiology,28, Nos. 2/3, 132–140 (1996).Google Scholar
- 27.J. P. Raufman, J. Y. Lin, and R. D. Raffaniello, “Calcineurin mediates calcium-induced potentiation of adenylyl cyclase activity in dispersed chief cells from guinea pig stomach—futher evidence for cross-talk between signal transduction pathways that regulate pepsinogen secretion,”J. Biol. Chem.,271, 19877–19882 (1996).PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 31.R. J. Docherty, J. Robbins, and D. A. Brown, “NG118-15 neuroblastoma × glioma hybrid cell line as a model neuronal system,” in:Cellular Neurobiology: a Practical Approach, H. Wheal and J. Chad (eds.), IRL, Oxford (1991), pp. 74–95.Google Scholar
- 32.E. A. Lukyanetz, and T. P. Piper, A. C. Dolphin, and T. S. Sihra, “Interaction between calcium channels and calcineurin in NG108-15 cells,”J. Physiol.,494, 79P-80P (1996).Google Scholar