Computational simulation of activity of cortical-like neural systems
- 33 Downloads
The kinetic theory of neural systems is extended to include the description of cortical-like neural structures. This fact is accomplished by the introduction of long-distance effects. Collaterally, we have the separation of the description of the excitatory activity from that of the inhibitory one. Also, the description of neural systems with a high level of activity is obtained. The modified theory is used to simulate computationally the activity of cortical-like neural systems.
KeywordsNeural System External Disturbance Computational Simulation Probable Number Excitatory Neuron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Angel, E. and R. Bellman. 1972.Dynamic Programming and Partial Differential Equations, New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Beurle, r. L. 1956. “Properties of a Mass of Cells Capable of Regenerating Pulses.”Phil. Trans. R. Soc. 240A, 55–94.Google Scholar
- Eccles, J. C. 1984. “The Cerebral Neocortex: A Theory of its Operation.” InCerebral Cortex, Vol.2, E. G. Jones and A. Peters (Eds), pp. 1–36. New York: Plenum Press.Google Scholar
- Enright, J. T. and A. T. Winfree. 1987. “Detecting a Phase Singularity in a Coupled Stochastic System.” InLectures on Mathematics in Life Sciences, Vol. 19, G. A. Carpenter (Ed.), pp. 121–150 Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society.Google Scholar
- Fisher, B. 1973. “A Neuron Field Theory: Mathematical Approach to the Problem of Large Numbers of Interacting Nerve Cells.”Bull. math. Biol. 35, 345–357.Google Scholar
- Mountcastle, V. B. 1978. “An Organizing Principle for Cerebral Function: The Unit Module and the Distributed System.” InThe Mindful Brain, Edelman and Mountcastle (Eds) Cambridge: MIT-Press.Google Scholar
- Sbitnev, V. J. 1975. “Transport of Spikes in Statistical Neuron Ensembles. Conception of Phase Transition.”Akademia Nauk CCCP 176, 1–24 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- — 1983. “The Modular Architectonic Principle of Neuronic Centers.”Rev. Physiol. Biochem. Pharmacol. 98 11–61.Google Scholar
- — and P. Erdi. 1987. “Statistical Approach to the Dynamics of Cerebral Cortex: Learning Aspects.” InCybernetics and Systems: The Way Ahead, Vol. 1, J. Rose (Ed.), pp. 443–447, Lytham St. Annes, England: Thales.Google Scholar