Numerical simulation of standing solitons and their interaction
- 29 Downloads
Standing soliton was studied by numerical simulation of its governing equation, a cubic Schrödiger equation with a complex conjugate term, which was derived by Miles and was accepted. The value of linear damping in Miles equation was studied. Calculations showed that linear damping effects strongly on the formation of a standing soliton and Laedke and Spatschek stable condition is only a necessary condition, but not a sufficient one. The interaction of two standing solitons was simulated. Simulations showed that the interaction pattern depends on system parameters. Calculations for the different initial condition and its development indicated that a stable standing soliton can be formed only for proper initial disturbance, otherwise the disturbance will disappear or develop into several solitons.
Key wordssoliton standing soliton cubic Schrödinger equation numerical simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CUI Hong-nong, et al. Observation and experiment of non-propagating solitary wave [J].Acta of Xiangtan University in Nature Science, 1986,4: 27–34. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- CUI Hong-nong, et al. Study on the characteristic of non-propagating solitary wave [J].J Hydrodynamics, 1991,6(1): 18–25. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHOU Xian-chu, CUI Hong-nong. The effect of surface tension no non-propagating solitary waves [J].Science in China A, 1992,12: 1269–1276.Google Scholar
- ZHOU Xian-chu. Non-propagating soliton and surface tension [J].Acta Mech Sinica, 1998,30 (6): 672–675. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- YAN Jia-ren, HUANG Guo-xiang. Non-propagating solitary wave on interface of two layer fluid in rectangular wave guide [J].Acta Phys, 1988,37: 874–880. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Yan J R, Mei Y P. Interaction between two Wu's solitons [J].Europhys Lett, 1993,23: 335–340.Google Scholar
- ZHOU Xian-chu, TANG Shi-min, QIN Su-di. The stability of a standing soliton [A]. In: CHIEN Wei-zang, GUO Zhong-heng, GUO You-zhong Eds.Proc 2 nd Int Conf of Nonlinear Mech[C]. Beijing: Peking University Press, 1993, 455–458.Google Scholar