Reciprocal theorem method for the forced vibration of elastic thick rectangular plates
- 29 Downloads
In this paper, reciprocal theorem method (RTM) is generalized to solve the problems for the forced vibration of thick rectangular plates based on the Reissner's theory.
The paper derives the dynamic basis solution of thick rectangular plates; and the exact analytical solution of the steady-state responses of thick rectangular plates with three clamped edges and one free edge under harmonic uniformly distributed disturbing forces is found by RTM. It is regarded as a simple, convenient and general method for calculating the steady-state responses of forced vibration of thick rectangular plates.
Key wordsreciprocal theorem method dynamic basic solution thick rectangular plate forced vibration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. C. Huang, Application of variational methods to the vibration of plate including rotatory inertia and shear,Developments in Mechanics, Vol. 1. Northholland Publ. Co. (1961), 18.Google Scholar
- I. I. Pahamov, Method of the least square approximation in the theory of thick plates,Prikl. Mekh 9, 10 (1973), 61. (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Chao Zhiyuan and Yang Shengtian, Approach to the general expressions of the exact solution of dynamic analysis on the thick rectangular plates.Chinese Science Bulletin,23, 10 (1978), 627. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Fu Baolian, Application of the reciprocal theorem to solving equations of the deflection surface of the rectangular plates with various edge conditions.Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Ed.),3, 3 (1982), 353–364.Google Scholar
- Fu Baolian and Li Nong, The Method of the reciprocal theorem of forced vibration for the elastic thin rectangular plates (I)—Rectangular plates with four clamped edges and with three clamped edges,Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Ed.),10, 8 (1989). 727–749.Google Scholar