Diffusion near an interface via onsager-type equations
Onsager-type transport equations, as were derived in a previous paper by the authors, are applied to the diffusion of test particles near the interface of a scattering medium with a perfect absorber. Temperature and density profiles are obtained for different types of scattering cross-section.
PACS 51.10Kinetic and transport theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Molinari V. andMostacci D.,Nuovo Cimento D,10 (1988) 435.Google Scholar
- Molinari V. andPollachini L.,Nucl. Sci. Eng.,91 (1985) 458.Google Scholar
- Shkarofsky I. P., Johnston T. W. andBachynsky M. P.,The Particle Kinetics of Plasmas (Addison Wesley, Reading, Mass.) 1966.Google Scholar
- Kruezer H. J.,Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics and its Statistical Foundations (Clarendon Press, Oxford) 1981.Google Scholar
- Klimontovich Yu. L.,Statistical Physics (Harwood Academic Publishers, London) 1986.Google Scholar