Front- and rear-face X-ray emission from laser-irradiated Al foils
- 24 Downloads
We studied theK-shell X-ray emission from plasmas produced by laser irradiation of Al foils. Electron temperature and density of the emitting region were estimated from line ratio measurements. Spectra obtained from the rear face of the foils showed that X-ray transmission is influenced by energy transport in the foil.
PACS 52.25Plasma properties
PACS 52.50Plasma production and heating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kauffmann R. L., inHandbook of Plasma Physics 3, edited byM. N. Rosenbluth andR. Z. Sagdeev (North-Holland) 1992.Google Scholar
- Sigel R.,Laser-induced radiation hydrodynamics: X-ray generation and application, XLV SUSSP, St. Andrews (1994).Google Scholar
- Rosen D.,Phys. Fluids,2 (1990) 1461.Google Scholar
- Kelly R. L.,J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data,16, Suppl. 1 (1987) 1372.Google Scholar
- Bastiani S., Giulietti D., Giulietti A., Gizzi L.A., Ceccotti T. andMacchi A.,Proc. XXIII ECLIM, Oxford (1994).Google Scholar