Size-dependent electron-hole exchange interaction in CdSe quantum dots
- 78 Downloads
We have investigated the fine structure of luminecence of CdSe nanocrystals observed with size-selective excitation. We show that the luminescence line closest to the laser arises from the recombination of the optically forbidden A-exciton. Radiative recombination occurs via a phonon-assisted virtual transition to theB-exciton state. The electron-hole exchange energy obtained from the experimental results strongly increases with decreasing nanocrystal size as expected from the increasing overlap of the electron and hole wave functions. The size dependence is in good agreement with the theoretical predictions.
PACS 71.35Excitons and related phenomena (including electron-hole drops)
PACS 73.20Surface and interface electron states
PACS 01.30CcConference proceedings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Flytzanis C., Hache F., Klein M. C., Ricard D. andRoussignol Ph.,Non Linear Optics in Composite Materials: Semiconductor and Metal Crystallites in Dielectrics, inProg. Opt.,29, edited byE. Wolf (Elsevier Science Publishers) 1991, p. 323.Google Scholar
- Banyai L. andKoch S. W., inSemiconductor Quantum Dots, World Scientific Series on Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, Vol. 2 (World Scientific) 1993.Google Scholar
- Chamarro M., Gourdon C., Lavallard P., Lublinskaya O. andEkimov A. I., submitted toPhys. Rev. Google Scholar
- Kiselev V. A., Razbirin B. S. andUraltsev N.,Phys. Status Solidi B,72 (1975) 161.Google Scholar
- Saviot L., Champagnon B., Duval E., Kudriatsev I. A. andEkimov A. I., to be published.Google Scholar