Finite-amplitude electrostatic waves im magneto-active plasmas
- 9 Downloads
Weakly nonlinear dispersive longitudinal waves in an infinite homogeneous collisionless plasma in the presence of an external constant and uniform magnetic field are considered. Under specific physical assumptions and for an arbitrary three-dimensional envelope modulation of a plane wave, a purely differential system is derived. Taking into account the effect of wave-wave and wave-particle interaction, the evolution of the modulation is described by a modified nonlinear Schrödinger equation, coupled to the space perturbation charge densities. The generation of a static mode is described. As a particular case the electron waves are discussed and some special solutions, resorting to the theory of the perturbed solitions.
PACS 52.35.MwNonlinear waves and nonlinear wave propagation (including parametric effects, mode coupling, ponderomotive effects, etc.)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. C. Davidson:Methods in Nonlinear Plasma Theory (Academic Press, New York, N.Y., 1972).Google Scholar
- V. I. Karpman:Nonlinear Waves in Dispersive Media (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1975).Google Scholar
- A. Sen:Nonlinear Effects in Wave Propagation in Modern Plasma Physics (IAEA, Vienna, 1981).Google Scholar
- Y. Choquet-Bruhat:Distribution (Masson, Paris, 1973).Google Scholar
- M. Boiti, J. Leon, L. Martina andF. Pempinelli:Exponentially localized solitons in 2+1dimensions, inNonlinear Evolution Equations and Dynamical Systems, edited byS. Carillo andO. Ragnisco (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1990).Google Scholar
- W. A. Strauss:Contemporary Developments in Continuum Mechanics and Partial Differential Equations, edited byG. M. de la Penha andL. A. J. Medeiros (North Holland, Amsterdan, 1978).Google Scholar