Collisions of fast electrons with positronium atoms
Elastic and inelastic collisions of fast non-relativistic electrons with positronium atoms have been studies in the Born-Ochkur approximation. It has been shown that exchange plays an important role for transitions between states with the same parity as in this case the direct scattering amplitude vanishes. Numerical results for the total and ortho-para conversion cross-sections for the 1s→1s, 1s→2s and 1s→2p transitions have been presented for projectile energies varying from 0.1 to 10 keV. According to charge symmetry, presented results apply also to positron projectiles.
PACS 34.80.BmElastic scattering of electrons by atoms and molecules
PACS 34.80.DpAtomic excitation and ionization by electron impact
PACS 36.10.DrPositronium, muonium, muonic atoms and molecules
PACS 52.20.HvAtomic, molecular, ion, and heavy-particle collisions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baltenkov A. S. andSegal I. D.,Sov. Phys.—Tech. Phys.,28 (1983) 508.Google Scholar
- Amusia M. Ya. andBaltenkov A. S.,Sov. J. Plasma Phys.,13 (1987) 869.Google Scholar
- Chen J. C. Y., inInvited Papers and Progress Reports of the VII International Conference on the Physics of Electronic and Atomic Collisions, edited byT. R. Grovers andF. J. de Heer (North-Holland, Amsterdam) 1972, p. 232.Google Scholar
- Peach G., inAtomic Physics with Positrons, edited byJ. W. Humberston andE. A. G. Armour (Plenum, New York, N.Y.) 1987, p. 423.Google Scholar
- Charlton M., inInvited Papers and Progress Reports of the XV International Conference on the Physics of Electronic and Atomic Collisions, edited byH. B. Gilbody, W. R. Newell, F. H. Read andA. C. H. Smith (Elsevier, Amsterdam) 1988, p. 189.Google Scholar
- Geltman S.,Topics in Atomic Collision Theory (Plenum, New York, N.Y.) 1969.Google Scholar
- Ochkur V. I.,Sov. Phys. JETP,47 (1964) 1766.Google Scholar
- Baltenkov A. S. andZhuravleva G. I. inAbstracts of the XVIII International Conference on the Physics of Electronic and Atomic Collisions, edited byT. Andersen, B. Fastrup, F. Folkmann andH. Knudsen (Aarhus University Press, Aarhus) 1993, p. 442.Google Scholar