A design and performance test of the visualization within a capillary pumped loop
- 21 Downloads
Capillary Pumped Loop (CPL) is a thermal management device for advanced spacecrafts. This paper presents the operating principles of a CPL and the design characteristics of the components. Another purpose of this experiment was to build up a transparent loop in order to better determine and observe the internal thermofluid dynamics. The results indicated that the CPL could be in normal operation under various heat modes. Observation also told Non-Condensed Gas (NCG) was moving and collecting to somewhere between the condenser section.
PACS 66.10Diffusion and ionic conduction in liquids
PACS 61.25Studies of specific liquid structures
PACS 01.30.CcConference proceedings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. T. Ku andR. McIntosh:Recent developments in capillary pumped loop technology, VIII IHPC, September, 14–18, 1992.Google Scholar
- J. T. Ku andE. J. Kroliczek:Capillary pumped loop gas and hitch hiker hight experiments, AIAA/ASME IV Joint Thermophysics and Heat Transfer Conference. AIAA-86-1249, June 2, 1986 Boston, Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- F. J. Stenger:Experimental feasibility study of water-filled capillary-pumped heat-transfer loops, NASA TMX-1310, NaSA Lewis Research Center, Clevend, Ohio.Google Scholar
- J. T. Ku andE. J. Kroliczek:Capillary pumped loop technology development, IV International Heat Pipe Conference, May 25–29, Grenoble, France (1987), p. 394.Google Scholar
- J. Ku, S. Yun andE. Kroliczek:A prototype heat pipe heat exchanger for the capillary pumped loop flight experiment, AIAA XXVII Thermophysics Conference, July 6–8, 1992, Nashville, Tennessee.Google Scholar
- J. Ku andE. J. Kroliczek:A high spacecraft thermal management system, AIAA Thermophysics, Plasmadynamics and Lasers Conference, June 27–29, San Antonio, Texas (1988).Google Scholar
- E. J. Kroliczek, J. Ku andS. Ollendorf:Design, development and test of a capillary pump loop heat pipe, AIAA, XIX Thermophysics Conference, June 25–28, Snowmass, Colorado (1984), p. 84.Google Scholar