Application of an improved boundary element method on the problem of elastic torsion
- 16 Downloads
An improved boundary element method has been used in analyzing and calculating the problems of the torsion of a prismatic bar with elliptical cross-section. In this paper the calculated results correspond with the values of boundary element method. However, the quantity of data required by the improved boundary element method is much less than that required by boundary element method, and the calculating time will be greatly reduced. Therefore, the procedure of this paper is an economical and efficient numerical computational way for solving Poisson equation problem.
Key wordsclastic torsion Poisson equation boundary element method improved boundary element method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Xu Zhi-lun,Elasticity (the First Volume) (1984). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Brebbia, C. A., J. C. F. Telles and L. C. Wrober,Boundary Element Techniques (Theory and Applications in Engineering), Springer-Verlag (1984), 75–79.Google Scholar
- Du Sheng-guang, Application of boundary element method to problem of clastic torsion. Scientific and Technical references of Northwestern Polytechnical University DZH8718 (1987), (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Brebbia, C. A.,The Boundary Element Method for Engineers, Pentech Press, London (1978). 86–89.Google Scholar
- Brebbia, C. A., and S. Walker,Boundary Element Techniques in Engineering (1980), 45–47.Google Scholar
- Yan Geng and Ding Fang-ming,Basis of Boundary Element Method (1986), 111–112. (in Chinese)Google Scholar