Application of the probabilistic fracture mechanics method of predicting the fatigue life of tubular joints
- 42 Downloads
In this paper fatigue strength of T-type tubular joints subjected to in-plane bending or out-of-plane bending load is investigated. By considering material constants and initial crack sizes as random variables and applying Monte Carlo simulation method, we have given a statistical analysis on fatigue life. Simultaneosly, linear regression analyses of computed results are performed and compared with that of the known experimental data.
Key wordsMonte Carlo simulation method probabilistic fracture mechanics fatigue tubular joints
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Peterson, R. E., Notch-SensitivityMetal Fatigue edited by G. Sines, and J. L. Waisman, McGraw-Hill, NY, (1959).Google Scholar
- Research Group on Probalility and Statistics, Computer Center of Academy of Science of China,Probabilistic and Statistical Computation, Science Press, Beijing, (1979). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Sang, G. G. and Zhang, S. K.,Structural Reliability Principle and Its Application. Shanghai Jiaotong University Press (1986). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- McDonald, A. and J. G. Wylde, Experimental results of fatigue tests on tubular welded joints,Fatigue Offshore Structural Steels. Thomas Telford Ltd., London, (1981).Google Scholar
- Van Delft D. R. V. et al., The Calculation of Fatigue Crack Growth in Welded Tubular Joints Using Fracture Mechanics. OTC. (1986), 573–582.Google Scholar
- DnV (1984).Google Scholar
- Connolly, M. P. and W. D. Dover, On the fatigue fracture mechanics analysis of tubular joints,Proc. OMAE, Huston 7–8 April (1987), 287–293.Google Scholar
- Zhang Y. H. et al., The fatigue life prodiction of welded joints by using statistical analysis method.Ocean Engineering,8, 4 (1990), 15–23. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zheng X. X. et al.Fracture and Fatigue Analysis on Structures in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering. Ocean Press, Beijing, (1988). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Fang Z. G.,Computer Simulation and MC Method, Beijing Institute of Technology Press, Beijing, (1988), (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Hudak Jr. S. J. et al.,Analysis of Corrosion Fatigue Crack Growth in Welded Tubular Joints, OTC, (1984), 495–507.Google Scholar