The asymptotic solving equations of thick ring shell and its solution under moment Mo
- 16 Downloads
In this paper, from the fundamental equations of three dimensional elastic mechanics, we have found a sequence of asymptotic solving equations of thick ring shell (or body) applied arbitrary loads by the perturbation method based upon a geometric small parameter a=ro/Ro, which may be divided into two independent equation groups which are similar to the equation groups for plane strain and torsional problems. Using these equations, we have also found first order and second order approximate solutions of thick ring shell applied moment Mo.
Key wordsthick ring shell perturbation asymptotic equations stress analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Flügge, W.,Stresses in Shells, Springer-Verlag (1960)Google Scholar
- Chien Wei-zang and Zheng Se-ling. Equations of symmetrical ring shells in complex quantities and their general solutions for slender ring shells.Journal of Tsinghua University 19, 1 (1979) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Chien Wei-zang and Wu Ming-de, The nonlinear characteristics of U-shaped bellows calculations by the method of perturbation,Appl. Math. and Mech.,4, 5 (1983).Google Scholar
- Timoshenko, S. and J. N. Goodier,Theory of Elasticity, WcGraw-Hill (1951)Google Scholar
- Zhao Xing-hua, Jiang Zhi-xiang and Jing Hi-du, The stress and the deformation analysis for the elastic thick ripple shell. The research report of Tsinghua University (1966), (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Chien Wei-zang and Ho Shun-tsing, Asymptotic method on the problems of thin elastic ring shell with rotational symmetrical load. The Engineering Reports of National Tsinghua University,3, 2 (1948)Google Scholar