Study on deuterium absorption of Pd at high-pressure D2 gas and low temperatures
- 16 Downloads
This paper presents studies on the absorption and desorption behaviour of deuterium in Pd and Ti subjected to high pressure D2 ((6÷90) atm), by measuring the resistivity in cyclic conditions of temperature ranging from 77 K up to room temperature. Numerical calculations have also been performed for the deuterium absorption behaviour based on the diffusion equation. The results show that:a) deuterium starts to be absorbed into the bulk of Pd metal within (240÷270) K depending on the pressure;b) the absorption is dominated by a surface process.
PACS 66.30Diffusion in solids
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. O. Menlove, M. M. Fowler, E. Garcia, A. Mayer, M. C. Miller andS. E. Jones: inProceedings of the Workshop Cold Fusion Phenomena, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 23–25 May 1989.Google Scholar
- R. A. Ricci: inProceedings of the Fusion Workshop, Verona, Italy, 2–4 May 1989.Google Scholar
- T. Izumida, Y. Ozawa, K. Ozawa, S. Izumi, S. Uchida, T. Miyamoto, H. Yamashita andH. Miyadera:Fus. Tech.,18, 641 (1990).Google Scholar
- A. C. Hindmarsh:Gear: Ordinary Differential Equation System Solver, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, Report UCID-30001, Revision 3, December 1974.Google Scholar
- W. Kunz, H. Munzel, U. Helfrich andH. Horneff:Z. Metallukunde,74, 289 (1983).Google Scholar