An analytical solution and analysis of characters for viscoelastic fluid flow in annular pipe
- 55 Downloads
In this paper an analytical solution to flow of second order and Maxwell fluids in annular pipe by using Hankel integral transform is presented. A derived formula can be used to analyze the behavior of rotatory velocity and shear stress; since the parameters of material and the gap size of annular pipe explicitly appear in the analytical formula one can easily analyze their effection on the flow behavior. This solution can provide a theoretical base to drilling engineering and polymer shaping techniques. In addition, it can be used to analyze the flow characters in concentric cylinder rheometer and obtain material constants with curve fitting procedure. By investigation it is found that when outer cylinder makes uniform rotatory the history curve of velocity and stress of Maxwell fluid exhibit obliquerectangle wave and raw-wave oscillation respectively. The wave period and amplitude increase with material constant Ha. This conclusion may be of significance in practice.
Key wordsviscoelastic fluid annular pipe analytical solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Liu Ciqun and Huang Junqi, Analytical solution for equations of unsteady flow of non-Newtonian fluids in tube,Applied Mathematics and Mechanicsd (English Ed.),10, 11 (1989), 989–996.Google Scholar
- Zhu Wenhui and Liu Ciqun, Analytical solution for unsteady flow of Maxwell fluid in annular pipe,Acta Mechanica Sinica,24, 1 (1992). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Han Shifang,Continuum Mechanics of Non-Newtonian Fluids, Technology Press of Sichuan (1987). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- I. Sneddon,Fourier Transform, New York-Toronto-London (1951).Google Scholar
- M. N. Auchisic,Heat Conduction, Chinese Trans. by Yu Changming, High Education Press (1989). (Chinese version)Google Scholar