The condition for applying Slit Island Method
- 27 Downloads
In this paper, in view of the discussion of the Hausdorff and Box fractal dimensions and measures which are frequently applied, the concept of the girth to area normal ratio is introduced for the first time and the correct mathematical description of SIM together with its proof, the sufficient condition for applying SIM and the improvement version of SIM are presented.
Key wordsHausdorff dimensions Hausdorff measures Box dimensions girth to area normal ratio, SIM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. P. Xie, The fractal model of microfracture in marble,Chinese Science Bulletin,5 (1989), 365–368.Google Scholar
- L. K. Dong, The fractal served as uncertainty problems on material fracture toughness,Chinese Journal of High Pressure Physics,4, 2 (1990), 118–121.Google Scholar
- Z. Q. Mu and Q. W. Long, Fractal dimension measured with perimeter-area relation and toughness of materials,Materials Science Progress,3, 2 (1989), 110–114.Google Scholar
- He Zongyan, Eigen-element Theory of Mathematical Description of Material Microscopic Structure and its Application in Analysis of Microscopic Mechanics, (Doctoral Thesis) Chongqing University (1992).Google Scholar
- B. B. Mandelbrot,The Fractal Geometry of Nature, New York, Freeman (1982).Google Scholar
- J. K. Falconer,Fractal Geometry Mathematical Foundations and Applications, John Wiley & Sons Ltd. (1990).Google Scholar