Invariant sub-manifolds and modes of nonlinear autonomous systems
- 31 Downloads
A definition of the modes of a nonlinear autonomous system was developed. The existence conditions and orbits' nature of modes are given by using the geometry theory of invariant manifolds that include stable manifold theorem, center maifold theorm and sub-center manifold theorem. The Taylor series expansion was used in order to approach the sub-manifolds of the modes and obtain the motions of the mods on the manifolds. Two examples were given to demonstrate the applications.
Key wordsinvariant manifold mode nonlinear system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. H. Rand, Nonlinear normal modes in two degree of freedom systems,Journal of Applied Mechanics,38, 2 (1971), 561.Google Scholar
- Liu Dongshen and Huang Kelei, A method of modal analysis using nonlinear vibration systems,Acta Mechanca Sinica,20, 1 (1988), (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Chen Yushu,The Modern Methods in Non-Linear Dynamics, Science Press (1992). (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- V. I. Arnold,Geometrical Method in the Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations, Springer-Verlag, New York (1988).Google Scholar
- J. Guckenheimer and P. Holmes,Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems and Bifurcations of Vector Fields, Springer-Verlag, New York (1986).Google Scholar