Drift dissipative instabilities in hybrid frequency range
- 12 Downloads
The instabilities of electron convection mode in a collisional plasma including electromagnetic effects are investigated. It is found that all the three solutions of the linear-dispersion relation are unstable. It is shown that the ion temperature fluctuations can play a stabilizing role. An application to a typical low-temperature plasma is discussed.
PACS52.35 Waves, oscillations, and instabilities in plasma
PACS52.35.Kt Drift waves
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kadomtsev B. B., Plasma Turbulence (Academic Press) 1965, p. 96.Google Scholar
- Mikhailovskii A. B., Theory of Plasma Instabilities (Consultants Bureau) 1974.Google Scholar
- Kim Y. J., Gentle K. W., Ritz C. P., Rhodes T. L. and Bengtson R. D., Nucl. Fusion, 29 (1989) 99.Google Scholar
- Ohyabu N., Osborne T. H., Jahns G. L., Strait E. J. and Stambaugh R. D., Nucl. Fusion, 29 (1989) 475.Google Scholar
- Hidalgo C., Pedrosa M. A., Navarro A. P., Tabarés F. L., Ascasibar E. and Peréz Murano F., Nucl. Fusion, 30 (1990) 717.Google Scholar
- Book D. L., NRL-Plasma Formulary, NRL Publication 0084-4040 (1986), p. 40.Google Scholar