Composition dependence of photoconductivity in amorphous thin films of Se70Te30−xSbx
- 18 Downloads
The present paper reports the composition dependence of steady-state and transient photoconductivity in amorphous thin films of Se70Te30-xSbx, wherex is varied from 0 to 10. The results indicate that photoconductivity is highly composition dependent in this system and a discontinuity in various electrical parameters is observed at 4 at. % of Sb. This is explained in terms of increased disorder up to 4 at. % of Sb. However, at higher concentration of Sb, an ordered structure may be established due to the formation of microcrystalline phases as observed in X-ray diffraction patterns.
PACS 73.50Electronic transport phenomena in thin films
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. Cheung, G. M. T. Foley, P. Fournia andB. E. Springett:Photogr. Sci. Eng. (USA),26, 245 (1982).Google Scholar
- R. M. Mehra, Gurinder andP. C. Mathur:International Conference on Semiconductor Materials, New Delhi, December 1988 (unpublished).Google Scholar
- P. Nagels:Phys. Status Solidi A,59, 505 (1980).Google Scholar
- J. K. Jope:Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys.,20, 774 (1982).Google Scholar
- M. Abkowitz, G. M. T. Foley, J. M. Markovics andA. C. Palumbo: inOptical Effects in Amorphous Semiconductors, edited byP. C. Taylor andS. G. Bishop,AIP Conference Proceedings,120 (American Institute for Physics, New York, N.Y.) p. 117.Google Scholar
- A. Rose:Concepts in Photoconductivity and Allied Problems (Interscience, New York, N.Y., 1963).Google Scholar
- R. Mathur andA. Kumar:Rev. Phys. Appl.,21, 579 (1986).Google Scholar
- W. Fuhs andD. Meyer:Phys. Status Solidi A,24, 275 (1974).Google Scholar