X-ray fluorescence intensity distribution in circular specimens
- 17 Downloads
The relative X-ray fluorescence (XRF) intensities for annular source and various annular specimen are measured with a Ge-Li detection system and calculated by the Monte Carlo numerical techniques (MCNT).Kα X-ray intensities of annular specimens with different radii prepared from a pure-molybdenum foil are measured and it is seen that the measured values are in good agreement with the values calculated by MCNT. The variation of the fluorescence intensity due to the collimator radius is also studied. The differences between the MCNT and experimental results are discussed in terms of the possible sources of errors.
PACS 78.70Other interactions of matter with particles and radiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bertin E.,Principle and Practice of X-Ray Spectrometric Analysis (Plenum Press, New York, N.Y.), 1975, second edition.Google Scholar
- Jenkins R., Gould R. W. andGodeke D.,Quantitative X-Ray Spectrometry (Marcel Dekker, New York), 1981.Google Scholar
- Sparks C. J.,Adv. X-Ray Anal.,19 (1976) 19.Google Scholar
- Giauque R. D. andJaklevic J. M.,Adv. X-Ray Anal.,15 (1971) 164.Google Scholar
- Arinç F. andGardner R. P.,J. Radioanal. Chem.,54 (1979) 221.Google Scholar