Analytical solutions of the helical flow of non newtonian fluid in eccentric annular space
- 56 Downloads
Many problems in petroleum and chemical industry can be reduced to the solutions of the helical flow of Non-newtonian fluid in eccentric annular space. This paper studies the flow law of the laminar helical flow of the power law fluid and Bingham fluid in eccentric annular space and the determination of the flow state. In theory, by the principle of the fluid mechanics, with methematical methods, based on our theory of the helical flow in concentric annular space and through the infinite subdivision method for the flow field of eccentric annular space helical flow, the apparent viscosity distribution, the velocity distribution, the flow rate and the pressure drop equation of the field can be given, and then the stability parameter, characterizing the transition from laminar to turbulent flow, is established.
Key wordspower law fluid eccentric annular space helical flow Bingham fluid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fredrickson, A. G., Helical Flow of viscoelastic fluids,Chem. Eng. Sci.,11 (1960), 252.Google Scholar
- Walker, R. E., Hydraulics limits are set by flow restrictions.Oil Gas J.,74, 40 (1976), 87.Google Scholar
- Zhang Hai-qiao and Cui, H. Q., The helical flow of the power law fluid in an annular space,Proceedings of the international conference on nonlinear mechanics (Shanghai). 834–839, (1985).Google Scholar
- Zhang Hai-qiao and Cui, H. Q., Analytical solutions of the helical flow of the power law fluid in pipes,Proceedings of the international symposium on multiphase flows (Hangzhou), 491–495, (1987).Google Scholar
- Zhang Hai-qiao, The mathematical models of the flow of the viscous fluid with a yield stress in the drilling rod,Journal of Daqing Petroleum Institute, 1 (1990), 86–94. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Chen Wen-fang, Some constitutive equations of Non-newtonian fluid.Mechanics Journal, 1 (1983), 16–26.Google Scholar
- Hanks, R. W., The laminar-turbulent, transition for flow in pipes, concentric annular, and paralled plates.A. I. Ch. E. J.,26, 1 (1980), 152.Google Scholar
- Zhang Hai-qiao, The infinite subdivision method of the helical flow in eccentric annular space,Journal of Daqing Petroleum Institute, 2 (1991), 104–114. (in Chinese)Google Scholar