Analytical solution of flow of second-order non-Newtonian fluids through annular pipes
- 25 Downloads
This paper presents an analytical solution to the unsteady flow of the second-order non-Newtonian fluids by the use of intergral transformation method. Based on the numerical results, the effect of non-Newtonian coefficient Hc and other parameters on the flow are analysed. It is shown that the annular flow has a shorter characteristic time than the general pipe flow while the correspondent velocity, average velocity have a smaller value for a given Hc. Else, when radii ratio keeps unchanged, the shear stress of inner wall of annular flow will change with the inner radius compared with the general pipe flow and is always smaller than that of the outer wall.
Key wordsintegral transformation shape factor non-Newtonian coefficient second-order fluids annular pipes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wu Yue-qin, and Han Shi-fang, The study of unsteady flow of non-Newtonian fluids in tubes, Academy Sinica at Chengdu, B.S. Thesis (1988). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Han Fei-yu and Han Shi-fang,The study of unsteady flow of non-Newtonian fluids, Academy Sinica at Chengdu, B. S Thesis (1989). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Liu Ci-qun and Huang Jun-qi, Analytical solution to the unsteady flow of non-Newtonian fluids in tubes,Applied Mathematics and Mechanics 10, 11, (1989).Google Scholar
- Cheng Men-fang,Mechanics of Non-Newtonian Fluids, Press of Science (1984). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Ozisik M. N.,Heat Transfer, Press of College Education (1984).Google Scholar