On the stability of nonholonomic mechanical systems with respect to partial variables
- 25 Downloads
In this paper, a method to study the stability of nonholonomic systems with respect to partial variables is given and several stability theorems of nonholonomic systems with respect to partial variables are obtained. Moreover, a relationship between the stability of a nonholonomic system with respect to all variables and that to partial variables is obtained.
Key wordsnonholonomic system stability with respect to partial variables constraint manifold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Whittaker, E. T.,A Treatise on the Analytic Dynamics of Particles and Rigid Bodies, Cambrideg Univ. Press (1904).Google Scholar
- Mikhailov, G. K. and V. Z. Parton,Applied Mechanics: Soviet Reviews, Vol. 1, Hemisphere Publishing Corporation (1990).Google Scholar
- Mei Feng-xiang, On the stability of equilibrium states of non-linear nonholonomic systems,Chinese Science Bulletin,37, 1 (1992), 82–85. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Mei Feng-xiang, The equilibrium position and the stability of nonholonomic systems,The Study of Stability, Vibration, Bifurcation and Chaos, Chinese Science and Technical Press (1992). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Mei Feng-xiang,Foundations of Mechanics of Nonholonomic Systems, Beijing Institute of Technology Press (1985). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhu Hai-ping and Mei Feng-xiang, A relation between the stability of a nonholonomic system with respect to partial variables and all variables,Chinese Science Bulletin,39, 2 (1994), 129–132.Google Scholar
- Wang Zhao-lin,Stability of Motion and its Application, Higher Education Press (1992). (in Chinese)Google Scholar