Stochasticity near resonances in a kind of near-integrable Hamiltonian systems based on smale horseshoes
- 17 Downloads
In this paper, a method is developed to detect the appearance of stochasticity in a kind of near-integrable Hamiltonian system with two time-scales. One is fast and the other slow. The stochasticity is showed to be chaos in the sense of Smale horseshoes actually. A stochastic web is discovered in our example, by use of the results obtained in this paper.
Key wordsstochasticity Smale horseshoe Ω-stability time-scale stochastic web
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lichtenberg, A. J. and M. A. Lieberman,Regular and Stochastic Motions, Springer-Verlag, New York (1983).Google Scholar
- Guckenheimer, J. and P. Holmes,Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems and Bifurcations of Vector Fields, Springer-Verlag (1983).Google Scholar
- Palis, J. Jr. and W. de Melo,Geometric Theory of Dynamical Systems: An Introduction, Springer-Verlag, New York Inc. (1982).Google Scholar
- Sanders, J. A. and F. Verhulst,Averaging Methods in Nonlinear Dynamical Systems, Springer-Verlag, New York Inc. (1985).Google Scholar
- Chernikov, A. A., R. Z. Sagdeev and Zaslavsky, Stochastic webs,Physica, Amsterdam North-Holland, D33 (1988).Google Scholar
- Chernikov, A. A., M. Ya. Natenzon, Petrovichev, R. Z. Sagdeev and G. M. Zaslavsky, Some pecularities of stochastic layers and web formation,Phy, Lett. A.,122 (1987).Google Scholar
- Hale, J. K.,Ordinary Differential Equations, Robert E. Krieger Publishing Company (1980).Google Scholar
- Liu Zeng-rong, Li Ji-bin and Luo Shi-yu, The dynamical behaviours in the systems with periodically slowly varying perturbations,Acta Mathematica Scientia,7, 3 (1987). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Homles, P. J. and J. E. Marsden, Horseshoes and Arnold diffusion for Hamiltonian systems on Lie group,Indiana U. Math. J.,32, 2 (1986).Google Scholar
- Qian Min and Yan Yin, Transversal heteroclinic cycle and its application to Henon mapping,Kexue Tongbao,31, 1 (1986).Google Scholar