Effect of substance P on neurological status and behavioral responses altered as a result of prolonged brain ischemia in rats with different types of behavior
- 18 Downloads
Substance P administered 30 min after the onset of cerebral ischemia improved the neurological status and prevented postischemic hyperactivity in rats with a passive type of behavior; had no effect on the neurological status of rats with an intermediate type of behavior but reduced their postischemic hyperactivity; aggravated the neurological status of rats with an active type of behavior without exerting a significant effect on their behavioral responses; and averted a rise in the level of depression in rats of all three groups. The results of this study indicate that there is a relationship between the type of behavior, manifestations of cerebral ischemia, and the effects of substance P.
Key Wordscerebral ischemia behavioral responses substance P
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. G. Airapetyants and A. M. Vein,Experimental and Clinical Neuroses [in Russian], Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.S. V. Girman and I. L. Golovina,Zh. Vyssh. Nervn. Deyat.,39, 349–355 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.S. P. Lysenkov, V. G. Korpachev, and L. Z. Tel', in:Clinical Picture, Pathogenesis, and Management of Medical Emergencies [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1982), pp. 8–13.Google Scholar
- 5.N. I. Nezlina,Zh. Vyssh. Nervn. Deyat. 37, 135–142 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.K. Yu. Sarkisova, I. V. Gannushkina, M. V. Baranchikova, et al.,Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,112, No 10, 355–357 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Yu. Sarkisova, L. V. Nozdracheva, and M. A. Kulikov,Zh. Vyssh. Nervn. Deyat.,41, 963–972 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.K. Yu. Sarkisova, P. Oehme, N. I. Artyukhina,et al., Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,115, No 2, 208–211, (1993).Google Scholar
- 9.G. N. Chernobaeva and L. D. Luk'yanova, in:Pharmacological Management of Hypoxic States [in Russian], Moscow (1989), pp. 160–164.Google Scholar
- 10.E. A. Yumatov, in:Emotional Stress. Physiological and Medicosocial Aspects [in Russian], Kharkov (1990), pp. 43–53.Google Scholar
- 11.T. Koide, T. W. Wieloch, and K. Siesjo Bo,J. Cereb. Blood Flow Metab.,6, 559–565 (1989).Google Scholar