Spectrum of histone proteins and acridine orange binding by liver cell chromatin in rats at different times after partial hepatectomy
- 21 Downloads
Changes in the spectrum of hepatic histones characteristic of active chromatin were observed in rats as early as 3 h after partial hepatectomy. At 6–9 h postsurgery, acridine orange binding to deproteinized chromatin areas was considerably increased. At 13 h the histone spectrum of liver cells from operated rats did not differ from that of control samples from sham-operated animals.
Key Wordspartial hepatectomy histones chromatin activation rat liver
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. A. Vladimirov and G. E. Dobretsov,Fluorescent Probes in Biomembrane Research [in Russian], Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Kushch, V. A. Kolesnikov, and A. V. Zelenin,Molekul. Biol.,9, No 1, 138–144 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.N. N. Mayanskaya and L. E. Panin,Vopr. Med. Khimii, No 6, 53–56 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.G. M. Higgins and R. M. Anderson,Arch. Path.,12, No 4, 186–202 (1931).Google Scholar
- 13.A. Zweidler, in:Methods in Cell Biology, Eds. G. Steinet al., Vol. 17, New York (1978), pp. 223–233.Google Scholar