Effect of extracorporeal blood treatment with an ozone-oxygen mixture on pulmonary functions in healthy dogs and dogs with shock lungs
- 21 Downloads
Extracorporeal blood treatment with an ozone-oxygen mixture increased the efficacy of pulmonary ventilation and improved gas exchange, blood oxygenation in the pulmonary circulation, and the microcirculation in peripheral tissues in intact dogs and dogs with experimentally produced shock lung. This procedure activated glycogenolysis, glycolysis, and metabolic processes in the lung tissue (in particular, the uptake of palmitate from the blood by the lungs was increased in intact dogs, as was the uptake of lactate and pyruvate in dogs with shock lung), and it also raised blood levels of molecular lipid peroxidation products in dogs of both groups.
Key Wordsozone pulmonary functions shock lung
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Berezovskii and V. Yu. Gorchakov,Surface-Active Substances of the Lung [in Russian], Kiev (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. A. Bogdarin, G. A. Boyarinov, and L. V. Gorbunova,Lab. Delo, No 9, 17–19 (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.I. R. Vazina,Functional Morphology of the Lungs in Thermal Trauma (Doctoral dissertation) [in Russian], Gorki (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.T. N. Ivanova and L. N. Rubel',Zh. Evoluts. Biokhim., No, 5, 279–287 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.In:Methods of Biochemical Investigation [in Russian], Leningrad (1982), pp. 190, 222.Google Scholar
- 7.S. P. Peretyagin,Pathophysiological Rationale for Ozone Therapy during the Posthemorrhagic Period (Doctoral dissertation) [in Russian], Nizhny Novgorod (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.N. V. Syromyatnikova, V. A. Goncharova, and T. V. Kotenko,Metabolic Activity of the Lungs [in Russian], Leningrad (1987).Google Scholar
- 9.R. N. Hardy,Homeostasis, E. Arnold Publ. (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.E.I. Yakovleva, L. V. Gorbunova, A. L. Nevmyatullin, and V. I. Chebotar, in:Vessel-Tissue Relations in Hypoxia, Ed. V. P. Smirnov [in Russian], Nizhny Novgorod (1991), pp. 61–69.Google Scholar
- 12.J. B. Smith, C. M. Ingerman, and M. J. Silver,J. Lab. Clin. Med.,75, 283–296 (1970).Google Scholar
- 13.H. H. Wolff,Das Medizinische Ozon (1982).Google Scholar