Parameters of cerebral energy metabolism in rat breathing nitrogen- and argon-containing hypoxic mixtures
The study explores the effects of oxygen-nitrogen and oxygen-argon hypoxic mixtures (5–6%) on energy metabolism in rats. It is shown that in animals breathing an argoncontaining hypoxic mixture oxidative phosphorylation is less affected by acute hypoxia that in animals breathing a nitrogen-containing mixture.
Key Wordshypoxia argon nitrogen
- 2.Zh. A. Donina and G. V. Troshikhin, in:Optimization of Respiratory Function in Physical Strain, Pathological and Extreme Conditions [in Russian], Tver' (1995), pp. 16–22.Google Scholar
- 3.I. A. Komissarova, Ya. R. Nartsissov and N. M. Burbenskaya,Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,122, No. 9, 282–284 (1996).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Korneev and I. A. Komissarova,Uspekhi Sovr. Biol.,114, No. 4, 467 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Poborskii and T. A. Zimina,Pat. Fiziol., No. 1, 19–20 (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.V. P. Skulachev,Energetics of Biological Membranes [in Russian], Moscow (1988).Google Scholar