Alterations inc-myc, Ha-ras, andKi-ras protooncogenes in experimental rat mesothelioma
- 24 Downloads
Analysis of the polymorphism of restriction fragments or sequencing ofHa- andKi-ras gene segments containing codon 12 or 61, amplified in the polymerase chain reaction, failed to detect point mutations in any of seven rat mesothelioma cell lines or in 20 mesotheliomas induced in rats by erionite or chrysotile asbestos. These data indicate the absence ofras activation caused by point mutations in the “critical codons” in rat mesothelioma. A twofold increase in the content ofc-myc mRNA in 5 out of 8 examined tumors appears to reflect a more intensive proliferation of mesothelioma cells in comparison with normal mesothelium, but not their amplification. This is confirmed by the results of Southern blot-hybridization.
Key Wordsras and myc protooncogenes point mutations expression rat mesothelioma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. N. Pylev, T. F. Kulagina, L. A. Vasil'eva,et al., Gig. Truda, No 6, 33 (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.I. Ausubel and M. Frederic,Current Protocols in Molecular Biology, New York (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Craighead, N. J. Akley, L. B. Gould, and B. L. Libbus,Amer. J. Pathol.,129, No 3, 448 (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.R. R. Reddel, L. Malson-Shibley, B. I. Gerwin,et al., J. Nat. Cancer Inst.,81, 12 (1989).Google Scholar
- 13.C. Walker, J. Everitt, and J. C. Barrett,Amer. J. Ind. Med.,21, 253 (1992).Google Scholar