Marriage system in the Italo-Albanians
- 1 Downloads
The Italo-Albanian ethno-linguistic minority, living in 9 provinces of Southern Italy, has shown an increase of intermarriages with native Italian speaking individuals for the last decades of the 20th century. Marriage data was obtained through direct interviews of families of primary school students (6–13 years old). The information collected consisted of the birth place of parents and grandparents of each informant. The percentage values of intermarriages are about 25 in grandparents and 40 in parents.
Key wordsMarriage structure Endogamy Exogamy Italo-Albanians
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cavalli-Sforza L.L. &Bodmer W.F., 1971.The Genetics of Human Population. Freeman & Company. San Francisco.Google Scholar
- Coleman D.A., 1984.Marital choice and geographical mobility. In: A.J. Boyce, ed. Migration and Mobility: Biosocial Aspects of Human Movement, pp. 19–55. Symposia of the Society for the Study of Human Biology, Vol XXIII. Taylor & Francis, London-Philadelphia.Google Scholar
- Fix A.G., 1979.Anthropological genetics of small populations. In: B.J. Siegel, A.R. Beals, and S.A. Tyler, eds. Annual Review of Anthropology, Vol. 8, pp. 207–230. Annual Reviews Inc., Palo Alto.Google Scholar
- Heraud G., 1966.Popoli e lingue d'Europa. Ferro, Milano.Google Scholar
- Morton, N.E., 1969.Human population structure. In: H.L. Roman, L.M. Sandler, and A. Campbell eds. Annual Review of Genetics, Vol. 3, pp. 53–74. Annual Reviews Inc., Palo Alto.Google Scholar
- Salvi, S., 1975.Le Lingue Tagliate. Rizzoli, Milano.Google Scholar
- Schull W.J. &Mac Cluer J.W., 1968.Human genetics: structure of population. In: H.L. Roman, L.M. Sandler, and G.S. Stent, eds. Annual Review of Genetics Vol 2., pp. 279–304. Annual Reviews Inc., Palo Alto.Google Scholar
- Swedlung A.C., 1978.Historical demography as population ecology. In: B.J. Siegel, A.R. Beals, and S.A. Tyler, eds. Annual Review of Anthropology, Vol. 7, pp. 137–173. Annual Review Inc., Palo Alto.Google Scholar