Improved real-time spectrum analyser for Doppler-shift blood-velocity waveforms
A real-time dual channel time compression spectrum analyser is described, which has been optimised for use in analysis of Doppler-shifted ultrasound. Detailed block diagrams of the circuitry utilised are given.
KeywordsBlood velocity Directional Doppler Spectrum analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baker, D. W., Johnson, S. L. andStrandness, D. E. (1974) Prospects for quantitation of transcutaneous pulsed Doppler techniques in cardiology and peripheral vascular disease. InReneman, R. R. (Ed.)Cardiovascular applications of ultrasound, North Holland, Amsterdam, 108–124.Google Scholar
- Coghlan, B. A., Taylor, M. G. andKing, D. H. (1974) On line display of Doppler shift spectra by a new time compression analyser. InReneman, R. R. (Ed.)Cardiovascular applications of ultrasound, North Holland, 55–65.Google Scholar
- Coghlan, B. A. andTaylor, M. G. (1978) A Carotid imaging system utilising continuous-wave doppler shift ultrasound and real time spectrum analysis.Med. & Biol. Eng.,16, 739–744.Google Scholar
- Gosling, R. G., King, D. H., Newman, D. L. andWoodcock, J. P. (1969). Transcutaneous measurement of arterial blood-velocity by ultrasound.J. Ultrasonics, USI Conference Papers, 16–23.Google Scholar
- Gosling, R. G. andKing, D. H. (1973)Reneman, R. R. Cardiovascular applications of ultrasound, North Holland, chap. 22, 266–282.Google Scholar
- Gosling, R. G. andKing, D. H. (1975) Ultrasonic angiology. InHarcus andAdamson (Eds.)Arteries and Viens, Churchill-Livingstone, Edinburgh, 61–98.Google Scholar
- Gosling, R. G. (1976) Extraction of physiological information from spectrum-analysed Doppler shifted continuous-wave ultrasound signals obtained noninvasively from the arterial system.In Hill, D. W. andWatson, B. W. (Eds.)IEE Medical Electronics Monographs 18–22, (Peter Peregrinus), 73–125.Google Scholar
- Johnston, K. W., Maruzzo, B. C. andCobbold, R. S. C. (1977) Errors and artefacts of Doppler flowmeters and their solution. Conference Papers of International Cardiovascular Society,in Archives of surgery,112, 1335–1342.Google Scholar
- Light, L. H. (1970) A recording spectrograph for analysing Doppler blood velocity signals in real time.J. Physiol.,207, 42–44.Google Scholar
- Yoneda, S., Nishimoto, A., Nukada, T., Kuriyama, Y., Katsurada, K. andAbe, H. (1974) To and fro movement and external escape of carotid artery blood in brain death cases. A Doppler ultrasonic study.Stroke,5, 707–713.Google Scholar