The reason for the Hospitalization of Immigrants in Bari, Brindisi and their provinces between 1991–2000
- 2 Downloads
Recently Italy has become one of the final objectives of the new migratory movements owing to its level of industrialization and the considerable increase in the standard of living which has led to the frequent unwillingness of Italian workers to accept heavy, unhealthy, humble or low paid work. This survey studies the prevalence of the different pathologies in the immigrant population, in order to evaluate the conditions of hardship and want (from separate hygienic, alimentary, environmental, working and broad social points of view) that create the context in which many pathologies appear and develop.
Keywordsnew migratory movements prevalence of pathologies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CARITAS, 2004, Dossier statistico Immigrazione 2003,Google Scholar
- CARITAS 2001, Italia Multietnica 2000, Stilo.Google Scholar
- CARITAS, 2001, L'immigrazione nel meridione all'inizio del 2000,Google Scholar
- DE LUCIA A., SGHERZA A., SCATTARELLA F., 2002, The reasons of hospitalization of young immigrant people, between 1991–2000 in Bari (South Italy) and its districts, XIIIth Congress of the European Anthropological Association, Volume XXVI.Google Scholar
- GERACI S., 2001, La salute degli immigrati in Italia, http.//crs.ifo.it/ISG/Migrazioni.Google Scholar
- ISMU (Fondazione Cariplo per le iniziative e lo studio delle Multietnicità), 2000, Quinto rapporto sulle migrazioni 1999, Franco Angeli, Milano.Google Scholar
- ISTAT, 1993–2003, Statistiche della Sanità, Annuari.Google Scholar
- MORRONE A., 2001, Aspetti sanitari del fenomeno migratorio, http://crs.ifo.it/ISG/Migrazioni.Google Scholar
- MORRONE A., GERACI S., 2001, Le malattie degli immigrati, http://crs.ifo.it/ISC/Migrazioni.Google Scholar
- PASINI N., 2000, La Salute, in ISMU, Quinto rapporto sulle migrazioni 1999, Franco Angeli, Milano.Google Scholar