Estimation of frequencies of gastrointestinal electrical rhythms using autoregressive modelling
- 33 Downloads
A method of determining the periodicities of gastrointestinal data using an autoregressive modelling technique is presented. The method has been applied both to simulated sinusoidal data and to gastrointestinal and colonic data. Unlike the fast Fourier transforms, the method presented is both automatic and capable of yielding frequency estimates on as little as 5 cycles of data corrupted with noise.
KeywordsAutoregressive model Data analysis Gastrointestinal spectral analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Box, G. E. P., andJenkins, G. M. Time series analysis, forecasting and control, chap. 3, Holden Day, 1969.Google Scholar
- Dijk, A. (1973) Estimation of the dynamic properties of the e.e.g. by means of linear models. Report, Laboratory of Technical Physics, Technical University, Delft, (in Dutch).Google Scholar
- Duthie, H. L. (1974) ‘Electrical activity of gastrointestinal smooth muscle’,Gut,15, 669.Google Scholar
- Linkens, D. A., andCannell, A. E. (1974) ‘Interactive graphics analysis of gastrointestinal electrical signals’,IEEE Trans.,BME-20, 335–339.Google Scholar
- Linkens, D. A., Taylor, I., andDuthie, H. L. (1976) ‘Mathematical modelling of the colorectal myoelectrical activity in humans’,,BME-22, 101–110.Google Scholar
- Lopes de Silva, F. H., Dijk, A., andSmits, A., (1975) ‘Detection of nonstationarities in EEG's using the auto-regressive model—an application to EEG's of epilectics’. Brain Research Department, Institute of Medical Physics TNO, Da Costakade 45, Utrecht.Google Scholar
- Nelson, T. S. andBecker, J. S. (1968) ‘Simulation of the electrical and mechanical gradient of the small intestine’,Am. J. Physiol. 214, 749–757.Google Scholar
- Pfurtscheller, G. (1976) ‘Spectral parameters estimation of α-activity by means of the auto-regressive model’,Biomed. Comput. Tech. Foundation Issue.Google Scholar
- Robertson-Dunn, B. andLinkens, D. A. (1974) ‘A mathematical model of the slow-wave electrical activity of the human small intestine,”Med. & Biol. Eng. 12, 750.Google Scholar
- Taylor, I., Duthie, H. L., Smallwood, R. andLinkens, D. A., 1974, ‘The effect of stimulation on the myoelectrical activity of the rectosigmoid in man’.Gut 15, 599–607.Google Scholar
- Waterfall, W. E., Brown, B. H., Duthie, H. L. andWhittaker, G. E. (1972) ‘The effect of humeral agents, on the myoelectrical activity of the terminal ileaum’.13, 528–534.Google Scholar