Quasi-two-dimensional electron gas in a non-quantizing magnetic field and strong non-quantizing electric field
- 11 Downloads
A calculation is performed to determine the transverse electric field Ey formed in quasi-two-dimensional superlattices in a strong drift field Ex and a weak magnetic field that is perpendicular to the plane of the superlattice (H‖OZ). When the electronic energy spectrum is nonadditive, the field Ey includes both the Hall factor and a spontaneous transverse electric field that exists whetherH is present or not. The situation when the specimen is in a closed circuit with a resistor on the OY axis is examined. As the function Ex, the field Ey is multivalued (multistable) and variable. The stability of the branches of the function Ey(Ex) is determined using a specially introduced (kinetic) “potential” whose minimum corresponds to the steady state of a nonequilibrium electron gas.
KeywordsWeak Magnetic Field Closed Circuit Transverse Field Electronic Energy Spectrum Transverse Electric Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. M. Shmelev and E. M. Epshtein, Fiz. Tverd. Tela,34, No. 8, 2565 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.A. P. Silin, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,147, 485 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Bogomolov, A. I. Zadorozhnyk, T. M. Pablova, et al., Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,31, No. 7, 406 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.F. G. Bass, A. A. Bulgakov, and A. P. Tetervov, High-Frequency Properties of Semiconductors with Superlattices, Nauka, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.E. M. Epshtein, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz.,22, No. 3, 373 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.E. M. Epshtein, Fiz. Tverd. Tela,25, No. 2, 354 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.V. L. Bonch-Bruevich, I. P. Zvyagin, and A. G. Mironov, Domain Electrical Instability in Semiconductors [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Ashe, Z. S. Gribnikov, V. V. Mitin, and O. G. Sarbei, Hot Electrodes in Multi-Valley Semiconductors, Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1989).Google Scholar