Glucose diffusion in crosslinked proteins containing streptomyces
- 19 Downloads
Diffusion measurements of glucose in a crosslinked water-swollen protein matrix containingStreptomyces thermovulgaris strain 127, are described. Solute diffusion coefficients in the gel phase were found to be considerably lower than for free diffusion. The range of diffusion coefficients was 0.83×10−10 to 2.68×10−10m2/s at corresponding ratios to free diffusion values 0.11 to 0.38. It is shown that polymer structure does not pose any significant effect on mass transfer for the small glucose molecule.
KeywordsStreptomyces Effective Diffusivity Free Diffusion Official Analytical Chemist Biocatalyst Immobilisation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dadenkova, M.N., Zhmyra, L.P., Danileiko, V.M., and Burdukova, R.S. (1973).Izv. Vyssh. Ucheb. Zaved. Pishch. Technol., 5, 124–129.Google Scholar
- Furui M., Yamashita, K. (1985).J. Ferment. Technol. 63, 167–173.Google Scholar
- Horwitz, W. (1970).Official methods of analysis of the association of official analytical chemists. Washington: Association of Official Analytical Chemists.Google Scholar
- Int. Crit. Tables. Vol. 5, 23, 1933, New York: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Stoychev, M, Djejeva, G and Grigorova, J. (1989).Biotechnology & Chemistry (Bulgarian), 1, 23–25.Google Scholar